Sunday 22 March 2015

What I leant watching Fifty Shades of Grey

Well there been a lot of hype about the fifty shades books and film and I was hoping it might bring a little BDSM to the main stream. I was mistaken and what any 'ordinary' person would have learned from the film is
  • BDSM is for damaged individuals
  • BDSM is bad
  • Anastasia must rescue Christian from his dark past
  • its ok to be in a relationship where one is in a position of power and the other is a subordinate (Christian is a sponsor of the collage where Anastasia is a student)
  • You're able to know all of your kinks before trying them (as stated in the contract)
  • Its ok to stalk people and control them
  • Its ok to use the word 'normal'
Unfortunately I also leant a lot about two dimensional characters and no plot to speak of from the film too. Such a shame as I was looking forward to something that was at least titillating 

No comments:

Post a Comment